Best Online Car Buying Sites
eBay Motors is an established veteran in online car buying. You have access to seller ratings and there is buyer protection in case you are not satisfied with the purchase. You can use eBay Motors to search for vehicles near you or for inventory located in another state.
If you want to buy a car online from a private seller, then bidding on a car through this website could help you find what you want. The site offers great variety of vehicles and the free purchase protection is available for purchases completed on the platform.
If your car qualifies, your expenses will be reimbursed if you never receive the car you bought. Likewise, the protection is effective in case there are issues with the title that were undisclosed. It also covers you against damage on the transmission, engine or body of the car.
However, these protections will not cover everything that could go wrong with your purchase.
- Buy from private sellers and get protections for some situations
- Apply for financing via RoadLoans.com
- Winning a bid, you are not obliged to buy
- There are no returns
- Protection is conditional
The selection of cars is limited but finicky to ensure high quality. Carvana supports online selling and buying of used cars and delivery takes less than 48 hours in most cases.
All cars are subject to an Experian AutoCheck report with this online car buying site. Carvana guarantees that each vehicle pass a 150-point inspection before it is listed. Customers are allowed to test drive their car for seven days and return it if they are not satisfied.
Customers can apply for an auto loan through the site. Moreover, they can have their car delivered, based on their location. In some markets, you can pick up your purchased vehicle from a futuristic-looking car vending machine.
- All vehicles pass a 150-point inspection
- There is a limited warranty of 100 days or 4,189 miles, whichever comes first
- Trade-offs are accepted
- Fixed prices mean no bargains
- May have to pay a shipping fee
- Delivery is not available in all cities
Browse over 4,000 low-mileage cars and trucks with this car buying platform. Haggling is not allowed, but prices are said to be below the marketplace. Middlemen are eliminated and so the entire car buying process is much more efficient, compared to dealing with a dealership.
Every car that is sold on Vroom has a clean title and an accident-free CARFAX® history report. Cars are inspected for safety, mechanical, and cosmetic issues. You have seven days to decide. You can easily spend a week (or drive 250 miles) to get to know the potential vehicle. If it is not the right one, you can return it.
Vroom works with more than 12 financing partners, and so you have a lot of options and flexibility when it comes to getting a loan. There is a limited warranty that is included with most vehicles. It is generally good for 90 days or 6,000 miles. Furthermore, the majority of the cars are still under their manufacturer’s warranty.
- CarFax report with each vehicle
- Variety of financing options
- 90-day limited warranty
- $499 shipping fee
- Delivery takes 7 to 10 days after purchase (if not longer)
CarMax is a Fortune® 500 company that has more than 195 locations across the country. It has sold over 8 million used cars. Vetting process ensures that there are no cars with flood damage, frame damage, or salvage history. Inspection covers more than 100 details.
There are over 1,750 ASE-certified mechanics to service listed cars before and after a sale. You get a full refund after a 7-day drive test period. And, there is a limited warranty that covers your vehicle for 90 days or 4,000 miles, whichever comes first.
As unexpected repairs can occur, CarMax has developed MaxCare®, which is an extended service plan that offers roadside assistance.
- Apply for financing through the site
- Free vehicle history reports
- 90-day or 4,000-mile (whichever comes first) limited warranty
- Fixed prices
- Shipping fees to see a car
Edmunds is a trusted car buying site that offers a comparison functionality for its cars. There are numerous car buying guides and strategies, and links to dealers around the country. You can find discounts and incentives, and so get the best deal when you find your dream car.
Edmunds is a leading site that offers expert reviews and pricing guidance to help you when you are shopping for a car. Its comparison tool ranks vehicles based on consumer ratings, fuel efficiency and ownership costs.
The site is a great marketplace where you can find new, used and certified pre-owned cars in your area. This car buying platform constantly updates pricing information to guarantee fair pricing opportunities for its shoppers.
- Expert reviews and opinions
- A 30-day or 1,000-mile limited warranty
- 12-month roadside assistance with select cars
- Purchases are closed via the website
- There are no private party listings
Through Kelley Blue Book’s website you can find the best price on your car, as well as search local dealers and private sellers for that car. With that platform you can stay up to date regarding the current market value of your vehicle.
Kelly Blue Book is said to be buyer’s best friend when it comes to buying a car online. It can provide you with an accurate estimates on what your car is worth and how much you should pay for a used car. In fact, the platform offers great selection of used and new cars.
You can browse top offers and professional advice, as well as calculate a monthly payment. Comparison tools and expert reviews are also available to navigate you in making your choice. You can even look for local dealers and check your credit score online.
- Versatile vehicle marketplace for new, used and certified pre-owned vehicles
- You can get an instant cash offer
- Research tools and payment calculators
- Not all cars have free history reports
Car Gurus online car buying site is a car search engine for new, used, and certified pre-owned vehicles. The platform claims itself as the largest car-shopping website in the U.S. Listings are generally ranked by the market value of the vehicle and the reputation of the seller. Moreover, car sellers cannot pay to have their listings promoted.
Car Gurus encourages transparency in deals and it provides reviews on their listings. The site has a good search interface. It actually ranks cars by a deal score, and it automatically lists the best deals first. And, you can set a radius for the listing that is convenient for you.
There are trade-ins and financing options, as well as “check value” functionality.
- Platform can help with the paperwork and the title transfer
- See if you qualify for a loan for selected private party sales
- There is a 30-day or 1,000-miles warranty available
- Not all cars come with a limited warranty
- You must negotiate with sellers on your own
AutoTempest is an online car buying site that searches a few different websites at once. You can compare results for used vehicles from sites like eBay Motors, Craigslist, CarSoup.com, AutoTrader, CarsDirect, and Oodle all in one place. You can also read reviews on cars and receive quotes on brand new cars near you.
This online car buying site also features buying guides, checklists, and professional advice, as well as tips on how negotiate a good deal and buy your perfect match. The site provides very detailed guides for a selection of car models. Moreover, together with the comprehensive car reviews, there is a section with frequently asked questions.
- You can get instant offers from AutoTempest’s partner site, Cars.com
- Great selection of both new and used vehicles is available
- Reviews and guides for better decision-making
There is no price analysis and live market value info
Cars.com is one of the best platforms for online car buying. The search engine makes it easy to find any car that suits your needs. You can buy new, used and certified pre-owned cars through this website. And, the messaging functionality makes this platform even more user-friendly, as dealers or private sellers can directly communicate with buyers.
The comparison tools help you compare up to four cars side by side. And, additional features include mobile apps and vehicle history reports. Video reviews and payment calculator make the process even more pleasant and help you avoid making a mistake with your final choice.
- New, used and certified pre-owned cars are available
- Get offers to sell your current car
- Consumer reviews
- Free history report are limited to include only some vehicles
- No further support regarding financing and title transfer
- Transaction cannot be closed online via the platform
With this car buying site, you can narrow your search results in a variety of ways. There are filters such as fuel economy, intuitive navigation system, interior and exterior specifications, including heated seats and automatic doors.
Both dealers and private sellers advertise on the site. And so, you have the freedom to choose whether you would like to work with a dealership or a private entity. Moreover, you can tune your search an exclude offers that are too far away from you.
AutoTrader aggregates new, used, and certified second-hand cars and provides reviews and shopping guidance.
- There are new, used and certified pre-owned cars
- You can cash an offer or there is an option for a trade-in
- You can compare cars from dealers and private sellers
- Free history reports are not provided for every vehicle
- You cannot buy directly from the site
According to Experian, the average auto loan for a new car was above $32,000 – that said for the first quarter of 2019. Edmunds advises that you should not spend more than 15% of your monthly take-home pay on an auto loan. If your take-home pay is around $3,000 per month, then you should plan to pay around $500 per month on your loan.
Research your options well and keep in mind that you can buy a car online that is located far from you and have it shipped to you fast and easy. Call us to find out how.